Asians under assault in US?

 NY Times:

He Came From Thailand to Care For Family. Then Came a Brutal Attack.

The fatal assault in San Francisco on a defenseless older man was the latest terrifying episode for Asian-Americans, many of whom have endured racist taunts, rants and worse during the pandemic.

I have always gotten along well with Asians and have several friends from high school that I stay in touch with on Facebook.  My daughter spent 10 years in Thailand and I really liked the Thais when I visited her.  I also liked the Vietnamese who were on our side when I was a Marine in Vietnam.

One of the things Asians share with whites in this country is that they can be discriminated against in college admissions.  I think that is wrong.  It is also obviously wrong to assault anyone in this country and those responsible should be brought to justice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains