Iran is the only country that has threatened to shutdown the area where the attacks took place
Divisions over responsibility for last week’s attack on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman deepened this weekend amid warnings over the danger of a major confrontation in the region, despite hints by Donald Trump about possible negotiations with Iran.Corbyn is demonstrated his lack of good judgment. No other country has threatened to shut down the tanker traffic out of the Persian Gulf and no other country has put its small boats in a position to release the mines so as to attack the ships. What is the world is Corbyn thinking? He is just engaged in his own Trump derangement syndrome?
Politicians in Britain traded angry blows over the incident, after the Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, said there was “no credible evidence” that Iran had attacked the two ships as they passed by its coastline on Thursday morning, rebuffing a Foreign Office assessment that it was “almost certain” that a “branch of the Iranian military” had carried out the strikes.
“Britain should act to ease tensions in the Gulf, not fuel a military escalation that began with US withdrawal from the Iran nuclear agreement,” Corbyn tweeted. “Without credible evidence about the tanker attacks, the government’s rhetoric will only increase the threat of war.”
The comments drew an immediate rebuke from the foreign secretary, Jeremy Hunt, who described them as “pathetic and predictable”. Earlier the FCO had said: “No other state or non-state actor could plausibly have been responsible,” and pointed to a “recent precedent for attacks by Iran against oil tankers”.