Food cost inflation
The great restaurant price hike: Eateries across the country are raising prices after soaring inflation sees ingredients costs DOUBLE in just one yearYou can see the inflation at the grocery stores too. How much of it is relate3d to the cost of liberal lockdowns and how much is attritutable to Biden's extravagent spending is not known, but both appear to have a negative effect on the economy.
- A perfect storm of rising oil costs, supply chain issues and labor shortages is driving some restaurants to put prices up
- Alan Natkiel, owner of New Hampshire restaurant Georgia's Northside, said costs had spiked in the last 3 months, forcing him to put up prices
- He said the cost of brisket has gone up 185%, chicken breast is up 70%, and fryer oil costs have doubled in the past three months
- National chains such as IHOP and Applebee's say their costs have also shot up, and may be forced to pass that on to consumers
- Inflation rose 4.2% in the last 12 months, its highest rate since 2008