Lara Logan names those in the media who have attacked her for pointing out liberal bias

BizPac Review:
Former CBS News correspondent Lara Logan named names in what she called a targeted smear campaign against her for speaking the truth about the media.

Logan spoke with Fox News’ Sean Hannity on Wednesday’s “Hannity” about the fallout from her recent observation that the media is “mostly liberal,” saying her comments, which were effectively “professional suicide,” have made her the target of smears.

The former “60 Minutes” correspondent declared “nobody owns me” as she boldly called out by name some of those who are targeting her for being an independent voice, telling Hannity “it’s the same group of people.”

“And I expected it,” Logan said. “Michael Calderone who is at the Huffington Post. I can give you the script now. I can tell you who the players are. Joe Hagan. Brian Stelter.”

“So they smear you personally. They go after your integrity. They go after your reputation as a person and a professional. They will stop at nothing,” she continued, noting that having a personal bias is normal but it is not acceptable to allow that in journalistic work when one is claiming to be unbiased.

“I am not the only one. And I am just, I am done, right, I am tired of it,” she added. “And they do not get to write my story anymore. They don’t get to speak for me, I want to say loudly and clearly to anybody who is listening, I am not owned. Nobody owns me, right? I’m not owned by the left or the right.”
...
Logan, who deaprted CBS when her contract ended last year, praised journalists like Sharyl Atkinson and investigative reporter Sara Carter, as well as some on “60 Minutes,” telling Hannity that they have also been targeted when they don’t follow the liberal script.
...
I think Shary Attkisson and Sara Carter are two of the best reporters in the business.  Logan is right about much of the rest of the media too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains