Iran threatens to target Israel from West Bank
Times of Israel:
...Iran never has explained what one of its generals was doing next to the border with Israel in a convoy with a bunch of Hezballah terrorist. If it does attempt to launch attacks against Israel from the West Bank that will be another strike against any purported Palestinian State. It would also result in Isreal launching strikes in teh West Bank.
Deputy head of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Lt.-Gen. Hossein Salami vowed Saturday to “open new fronts [against Israel] and change the balance of power.” In an excerpt of an interview with Salami, cited by Ynet, the IRGC’s number two said that Iran and Hezbollah would respond to the strike in a unique way, adding that opening a new front in the West Bank was in the works.
Iran and Hezbollah have issued a series of threats since the strike earlier this week, warning of a “crushing response,” and “destructive thunderbolts.” The dead included an Iranian general and senior Hezbollah commanders, Muhammad Issa and Jihad Mughniyeh, son of slain terror mastermind Imad Mughniyeh.
There have been conflicting reports as to whether Israel knew that Iranian general Mohammed Allahdadi was in the convoy.
On Friday, Channel 10 reported that Israel had sent calming messages to Iran and Hezbollah via Moscow after the strike, clarifying that it was uninterested in an escalating conflict with Tehran or the Lebanese terror group.
According to the report, Israeli officials told Moscow that Israel viewed the strike as an act of self-defense, and that Hezbollah had forced Israel’s hand by building an offensive infrastructure on its border. Jerusalem stressed it did not want the situation to deteriorate into a regional conflict. Russian leaders conveyed this message to Beirut and Tehran.