Kerry explains why he is losing in Wisconsin

MSNBC:

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry told voters in America’s Dairyland on Monday that President Bush had a secret plan that would hurt milk producers after the election.

Kerry tried to convince voters in this rural community, where he is practicing for Thursday’s debate, that he would look out for dairy farms here even though he hadn’t always in the past.

In the 1990s, Kerry supported the Northeast Dairy Compact, a regional pricing program that propped up prices for Northeastern dairy farmers over objections from their Midwestern counterparts.

“We’ve had a difference between the Midwest and the Northeast,” Kerry said. “I’m going to be very with you about it.

“As a senator representing Massachusetts, I fought for the dairy compact and fought to have our dairy farmers get help,” the four-term lawmaker said. “I’m running for president of the United States now and I intend to represent all the farmers of America.”

...

Kerry told the voters that as a young boy he would fill milk bottles at his uncle’s dairy farm.

“I have a great sense of the land,” Kerry said. “I really do. I’m tired of small family farmers getting squeezed.”


It is hard to imagine that people he has been squeezing for years in order to benefit others closer to his home will believe he really cares about them. Wisconsin dairy farmers know where Kerry's loyalties are. This is an elect me and I will quit screwing you speech.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains