Voter ID law did not cost Clinton the election

Washington Post:
The case that voter ID laws won Wisconsin for Trump is weaker than it looks

There’s a valid debate over whether voter ID laws are a vehicle to suppress Democratic votes. But it’s very hard to say, given the data at hand, that Clinton would have won Wisconsin without such a law, much less the presidency.
I have a low regard for those who claim Voter ID laws suppress the minority vote. In fact, such an argument is racist on its face because it assumes that blacks and Hispanics lack the mental ability and motivation to get a free ID card if they do not already have one. 

I live in a very diverse community and I would say that it would be rare to find adult blacks and Hispanics who do not already have a driver's license.  I don't think I have ever seen one who didn't.  They vote in the same precinct I do and many of them work the elections.

Now, voter ID laws do and should suppress the votes of dead people.  They should also suppress the votes of imaginary people who give vacant lots as their address.  It is those Democrat "voters" I would hope would not be counted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains