FBI was losing people over letting Clinton off
Well, the Weiner material gave him the opportunity for a second chance at doing the right thing. His argument against indicting her just did not hold water.
EXCLUSIVE: Resignation letters piling up from disaffected FBI agents, his wife urging him to admit he was wrong: Why Director Comey jumped at the chance to reopen Hillary investigation
- James Comey revived the investigation of Clinton's email server as he could no longer resist mounting pressure by mutinous agents, sources say
- The atmosphere at the FBI has been toxic ever since Jim announced last July that he wouldn't recommend an indictment against Hillary
- He told his wife that he was depressed by the stack of resignation letters piling up on his desk from disaffected agents
- Comes was also worried that Republicans would accuse him of granting Hillary political favoritism after the presidential election
- When new emails allegedly linked to Hillary's personal server turned up in Abedin and Anthony Weiner's computer, Comey jumped at the excuse