Iran threatens to hit Israel nuke facility
Iran probably will lash out at several targets when it is attacked. That is why it is important that the US be aware of any Israeli attack as soon as possible to prepare its forces for a subsequent counterattack by Iran. While Israel has the capacity to attack Iran's nuclear facility, it does not have the capacity for sustained attacks against Iran which would be needed to neutralize potential counter attacks.
Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said Saturday the country would strike Israel's nuclear facilities if Tel Aviv attacked the Islamic state, Reuters reported state television as saying.
"If the Zionist Regime (Israel) attacks Iran, we will surely strike its nuclear facilities with our missile capabilities," Mohammad Ali Jafari, Guards commander-in-chief, said.
Jafari said Israel was entirely within the reach of Iran.
"Our missile capability puts all of the Zionist regime (Israel) within Iran's reach to attack," Jafari said.
Iranian leaders have said Iran would respond to any attack from Israel by targeting U.S. interests and Israel.
Jafari said Iran "was not scared" of Israel's military capabilities.
"It is part of the psychological war that the West has launched against Iran," Jafari said.
The story also discusses Clinton nuclear umbrella gaffe.
1. ISRAEL is a clandestine nuclear power with up to 400 nuclear warheads. FACTReplyDelete
2. ISRAEL refuses to sign the NPT or be inspected by the IAEA of the UN. FACT
3. IRAN is a signatory to both as are 187 nations throughout the world - but not Pakistan, North Korea, India or ISRAEL. FACT
4. IRAN has not declared war on anyone in the last 100 years. FACT.
5. ISRAEL will almost certainly carry out a nuclear attack within the next 6-12 months. FACT
6. A nuclear attack by Israel will destabilize the Middle East and have severe global economic and social consequences.
Well it seems if Israel does go through with this attack then I don't blame them!ReplyDelete
Iran apparently does lie about a lot and is a very authoritarian government. Just look at how they have recently treated their people, using their own military to beat protesters to the ground, cutting off ALL forms of communication, not allowing any media coverage, seems a lot like a cult. If you detract then you need to be punished and reprogrammed to think the Iranian government is good and wonderful...blah blah blah.
So, it wouldn't suprise me that they ARE lying about their nuclear intentions, especially since they want to order 2 or 3 more nuclear power plants. And their first should be operational this fall, yay!
Just have a look at the consequences if Israel is nuked:ReplyDelete