Did Democrats ever consider that Republicans support Trump because they don't like Democrat policies?

NY Times Editorial:

The Cult of Trump


The Republican Party goes all in for President Trump. We’ll see how that works out.
Trump was certainly not my ideal candidate, but what I have learned over the years is that it does not matter who Republicans choose, Democrats are going to act like he is the worst person in the country for the job. 

In fact, I have been pleasantly surprised by President Trump.  I mostly tune out most of the background noise about Tweets and insult exchanges and just focus on the policies I support that Trump is implementing despite the caterwauling of Democrats and Never Trumpers.

For me, it is not about a Trump cult.  It is about opposing Democrats who want to destroy him more than they want to see the country succeed.  I am not sure what the Democrats could ever do to earn my vote again, but I am sure that what they are doing now will not work. 

Calling people who oppose Democrat policies "alt-right." racists, sexists. bigots and homophobes is not a persuasive argument since they know it does not describe who they really are.  The same goes for accusing them of being part of a cult.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains