Texans tagged as having sexiest and superior accent

Houston Chronicle:
For the second year in a row, Texans reign superior with regard to the attractiveness of their accents, according to international media company Big 7 Travel.

Could it be because of Austin's famous resident Matthew McConaughey's southern drawl? Whatever the reason, a poll done by the travel recommendations website said that individuals from around the world agreed that a Texan accent was the sexiest accent in the United States.
While the poll didn't give a specific reason for why Texans were the best, Big 7 Media said it agreed with its poll takers, describing the Texas accent as a "Southern accent with a twist,”with strong Rs and plenty of ‘Howdys’.

Texas was followed by New York, Boston, Alabama and Chicago to round out the top five, respectively. New Jersey has the worst accent in the country, according to those who took part in the poll.
Having lived in several parts of Texas, I find there are regional differences.  West Texas and the Panhandle seem to have the strongest accents.  I grew up in the Lower Rio Grande Valley and I think I got my accent from the six o'clock news programs.  People from the rest of the US usually have a hard time saying where exactly I am from.  I do like the soft southern drawl of Alabama where I was born though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains