I would like to see Bloomberg debate Bernie Sanders

Washington Post:

Bloomberg seizes on chaos in Democratic presidential race to escalate his campaign

The billionaire former New York mayor is financing a massive political machinery across the country and has rolled out multiple endorsements in preparation for Super Tuesday in early March.
Bloomberg became a billionaire by developing a significant tool of capitalism.  In the early days, brokers would fight to get one of his machines on their desks.  The machines and their content made him rich, but they also made investors smarter about their investments and brokers loved them as a sales tool.  I once acted as an arbitrator in a case between a broker and his firm where they were fighting over supplying the Bloomberg service.

Sanders seems to hate or at least distrust capitalism.  He appears to be socialist to his core.  Having the two of them go toe to toe on capitalism vs. socialism would be entertaining and educational for many of the Bernie supporters.

My opinion is that to support socialism you have to be ignorant of history and economics.  I doubt Bernie could change my mind, but I would like to see the debate.  It is something the other Democrat candidates have failed to do for the most part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

Is the F-35 obsolete?

Apple's huge investment in US including Texas facility