For eight nights Iranians ask for freedom

Eight nights in a row Iranians have taken to the street asking for freedom.

"Tehran's government and 217 of its 290 parliamentary deputies have condemned the United States and charged U.S. leaders with blatant interference in Iran's internal affairs. Hardline clerics say they have detected a U.S.-inspired plot to destabilize Iran.

"But demonstrators said they were not on the streets for the sake of Washington, they were there for themselves.

"'If coming to the streets will give me more freedom, I don't care who calls for it, I will come here and tell all my friends to come with me,' said teenage high school student Amir."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains