Russia trying to restore Soviet Union
Estonia's top diplomat thinks Russia's war on Ukraine goes well beyond the front lines.
"This is not about Europe. I think that for [Russian President Vladimir] Putin and for Russia, the U.S. is the main enemy, like historically," Foreign Minister Margus Tsahkna told Fox News in an exclusive interview in Estonia's capital, Tallinn.
"He has a plan to restore the Soviet empire, and this is exactly what he's doing. Ukraine is just one example," he added.
Nine years ago, Tsahkna, then serving as Estonia's defense minister, watched as 120,000 Russian soldiers massed just across the border, ready to invade his country in just 48 hours.
"Now these troops are gone. They were sent to Ukraine, and they are literally dead," Tsahkna spoke from the foreign ministry Wednesday, where he now serves as Estonia's top diplomat.
"At the moment, I don't expect any kind of the full-scale military aggression against NATO because Russia is running out of power in Ukraine, to be honest," Tsahkna added. "Economically, they're very weak, but of course, we see that Russia is preparing again."
...
Estonia is an interesting country in Eastern Europe. It has zero interest in being swallowed by Russia again. I have a friend in Estonia that I have not heard from recently, but he was clearly pleased by the fall of the Soviet Union, which got the Russians out of Estonia. Putin would like to not have US allies on his border.
Comments
Post a Comment