Prison for bad review of resort?

NY Times:

American Could Face Prison in Thailand After Posting Negative Reviews of a Resort

The man was arrested under Thailand’s criminal defamation law, which has been used
to silence critics and stifle dissent. The hotel that brought charges acknowledges that using
the law might be “excessive.”
My daughter and her family lived in Thailand for about 10 years and I recall my visit there.  The hotel had an unusual shower arrangement along with what looked like a dishwashing spray near the toilet.

I did enjoy my visit there and thought most of the Thai I dealt with were friendly and helpful.  I think it did help that my daughter spoke Thai like a native.  She has always been good with languages and speaks several African dialects from her stays on that continent.  BTW, she graduated with Amy Coney Barrett from Rhodes but was not acquainted with her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains