After spending five weeks in survival mode, I am back and will ease back into blogging

Houston has a well-earned reputation for diversity.  Nowhere is that more clear than in the medical field.  After spending three weeks in a critical care unit at the Houston Methodist West facility and two more weeks at a rehab unit, it is inarguable.  What I found is that those who earned the right to wear the uniform in these facilities were competent regardless of that national origin.  It was demonstrated by leading doctors and nurses.

What was absent from this group was any hint of race relations that matched the Democrat politicians' attitude toward race.  There was not a hint of any white nationalists nor was there a hint of any resentment toward the white patients.  It was all about providers operating professionally and patients being treated with respect.

I have come a long way from when I arrived at the emergency room in grave condition and my loved ones were told to be prepared for life and death decisions.  My vital organs were shutting down and the muscles in most of my body were starting to freeze up.  It is still something of a mystery what caused the auto-immune reaction.  For three weeks I was virtually unable to move much less walk.

When my body was stabilized I was eventually transferred to rehab.  Today I was released from the rehab hospital was able to walk back into my house after a lot of hard work from the staff and from my own efforts.  It is still an uphill climb with a lot of therapy and treatment, but I am back.

I would not trade my treatment for any national healthcare scheme in the world.  I am not sure I could have survived it.

BTW, Houston has become a destination city for millennials with many of them coming from California.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains