One of the luckier days of my life

Houston Chronicle:
Officer who stopped '66 UT sniper rampage dies
My class was dismissed about 20 minutes early that day or I would have been walking across the main mall as Whitman started shooting from the UT library tower over looking the campus.  When I got back to my apartment I heard the gunfire and knew something was terribly wrong.  Whitman killed 16 people before being shot by officer Houston McCoy.  Some of those shot were in stores along a nearby street.  He targeted them through the plate glass windows.

A few months later I was in Quantico, VA in Marine Corps OCS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains