Sea level has not risen much
A new first-of-its-kind study by Dutch researchers finds no evidence of a global acceleration in sea level rise due to climate change.
...
The research, conducted by Dutch researchers Hessel Voortman and Rob de Vos, found that the average rate of sea level rise in 2020 is only around 1.5 mm-per-year, or 15 cm-per-century.
“This is significantly lower than the 3 to 4 mm/year often reported by climate scientists in scientific literature and the media,” Voortman told independent journalist Michael Shellenberger.
...
There is much more at the link above.
As a former sailboat ocean racer, I never noticed any significant change in the tides off the coast of Texas. Some places I have raced do have significant tidal differences during the day, but in my experience, they were still consistent. I did notice that the California Coast had much larger swings in the tides than the Texas Gulf Coast. I think that was also true in New England. I don't think those tidal differences had anything to do with alleged climate change.
It is early September in South Texas, and the current temperature is 66. That actually seems cooler than normal.
Comments
Post a Comment