Jindal wins in romp in Louisiana

NOLA:
Gov. Bobby Jindal rolled to an easy re-election Saturday, defeating nine little-known and under-financed candidates in a record-setting landslide. Based on incomplete returns, Jindal had about 66 percent of the vote, eclipsing the 62.31 percent open-primary era victory margin Democrat Edwin Edwards tallied to oust then-Gov. David Treen in the 1983. It also came on a day when turnout was considerably lighter than the 46.6 percent who voted in the 2007 statewide race, then the smallest turnout in the open gubernatorial primary system that began in 1975.
 His margin was so overwhelming that Jindal was able to deliver his victory speech a little more than 45 minutes after polls closed at 8 p.m., arriving on stage at the Baton Rouge Renaissance hotel in the company of LSU football coach Les Miles, whose team had just defeated Auburn, 45-10.
"Every time I run for governor the LSU Tigers win the national championship," Jindal told the jubilant crowd. "I'm not putting any pressure on them. I'm just saying." 
In a more serious vein, Jindal, who recently turned 40, said that "I am truly humbled, honored by the privilege you have bestowed on me." 
Jindal's showed strength across the state, getting even 40 percent of the vote in heavily Democratic New Orleans. 
"I will use every day, every hour of these next four years to make Louisiana the very best that we can be," he said. "I don't believe on resting on our past accomplishments. I don't believe in taking time off. 
"Louisiana has made great strides in the last four years," he said. "Louisiana is on the move. Anything that happened wasn't something I did. It was something we did as a state. ... I mean all of us. I truly believe our best days are ahead of us. We've got a lot more work to do the next four years."
...
He is a smart guy, who works hard at the job and is having success creating jobs despite what Obama has been doing to the energy business, particularly the off shore business.  I think he is the best governor Louisiana has had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vote against Democrat boondoggle 'stimulus'

Obamagate, The Movie

Generous Texans