California Dodger

Tacitus examines Cruz Bustamonte's attempt to avoid answering questions about MEChA's racist agenda.

"...On 30 August, he tried to dodge on a Fox News appearance, but was finally cornered by a persistent interviewer:

"On Fox News on Saturday, Bustamante was asked whether he renounced a slogan of the group: 'For the race everything. For those outside the race, nothing.'

"He responded that he loved his culture and would represent the entire state if he became governor.

"'My politics ... have grown to a point where I'm a very inclusive individual, and all you have to do is look at the politics I've shared and the kind of politics that I've had,' Bustamante said.

"When pressed a fourth time for a more direct answer, Bustamante said, 'Racial separatism is wrong... You have to look at what people do, not just what they say, and I think I've demonstrated my ability.'


It shouldn't take multiple tries over eight days to drag a straightforward denunciation of MEChA's more reprehensible beliefs from someone. Unless that someone is a Democratic candidate, I guess. This story is over as far as I'm concerned. When I raised the MEChA issue exactly two weeks ago, I said that Cruz Bustamante needed to face the resultant questions 'squarely and publicly.' It was a logical request and a simple test."


It was a flagrant attempt to avoid answering a straight question. Bustamonte acted as if rejecting MECha's racism would hurt him politically.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains