Underwear bomber tied to Awalaki

NY Times:

F.B.I. Interviews Tell of Cleric’s Role in Plot to Bomb Plane

After a two-year legal battle, The Times obtained documents that reveal how Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Qaeda leader, recruited and advised a Nigerian man who tried taking down a plane with explosives in his underwear.
What this story makes clear to me is that Awlaki was a legitimate target in the war against al-Qaeda and radical Islam.  The fact that he was an American citizen is of no moment to me when the guy was clearly a traitor.  I think his story does make the case for Sen. Cruz's legislation that would strip US citizenship from those who join the enemy.  I don't get why anyone would oppose that policy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another one of those Trump stories Ted Cruz warned about

Iraq says civilian casualties in Mosul caused by ISIS booby trap, not US air strike