Man responsible for Trump-Russia dossier on the run
A former MI6 officer who produced a dossier making lurid allegations about Donald Trump is “terrified for his safety” after he was unmasked by a US publication.It is too bad he is on the lamb. I would like to find out what his sources were for such a document. We already know that the claim that Trump's lawyer had a meeting in Prague was wrong. Who gave him that bad information?
Christopher Steele, 52, fled from his home in Surrey on Wednesday morning after realising it was only a matter of time until his name became public knowledge.
A source close to Mr Steele said on Wednesday night that he now fears a prompt and potentially dangerous backlash against him from Moscow.
Mr Steele, the co-founder of London-based Orbis Business Intelligence Ltd, prepared a 35-page document that alleges the Kremlin colluded with Mr Trump’s presidential campaign and that the Russian security services have material that could be used to blackmail him, including an allegation that he paid prostitutes to defile a bed that had been slept in by Barack and Michelle Obama.
His research was initially funded by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats.
Mr Trump has branded the allegations in the dossier “fake” and has said he feels as though he is living in Nazi Germany.