More Obama administration dishonesty on Iran deal
A State Department video has been altered in what could be an attempt to hide a 2013 discussion with reporters about whether the Obama administration lied about when it first began the Iran nuclear talks.The Obama administration set out to use fraud and deceit to get the Iran deal done despite the objections of US voters and Congress. It was one of the worse deals in history and it is not surprising they would not want to be honest about it. They knew they could not get political support for such a bad deal, and that telling the truth would mean it would be rejected.
Fox News reporter James Rosen reported Monday night that a section of a Dec. 2, 2013 press briefing was somehow erased from the State Department's own video of the event. In the section that was erased, Rosen was interviewing then-spokeswoman Jen Psaki about when the talks started.
The issue came up in the last week after Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes admitted in a New York Times interview that talks had started around 2011. But he said the White House later pointed to the election of moderate Iranians to the government as a justification for letting the talks start in 2013.
Rosen pressed Psaki in 2013 on whether the talks really started in 2011. While Psaki made no clear admission that the talks started two years earlier, she did seem to admit that government officials might not tell the truth in order to maintain the secrecy of an event.
"Is it the policy of the State Department, where the preservation or the secrecy of secret negotiations is concerned, to lie in order to achieve that goal?" Rosen asked.
"James, I think there are times where diplomacy needs privacy in order to progress. This is a good example of that," she replied.
When pressed again, Psaki said she had no more information. Still, Rosen reported Monday that Psaki's comments were essentially an admission that the administration lied about when the talks started, and the circumstances under which they began.