Memories of those who gave all

 When I first got to Vietnam, I was initially assigned to the 3rd Marine Division Communication Center reviewing message traffic and getting it to the right person in the command.  Casualty reports were part of that routine.  I was eventually assigned to be the Executive Officer of a company of Marines.

On joining the company I saw a stack of bodies waiting to be loaded on the chopper I came in on along with the realization they were more than statistics on a piece of paper or stats in a news article.  I was eventually wounded in combat and spent time in a field hospital listening to other Marines suffering from their wounds. Memorial Day becomes a time for reflection on those who didn't make it and those who still suffer from their experience in war.

I am proud of my service in the Marines and my association with fellow Marines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains