Perry calls his friend Tim Pawlenty

Houston Chronicle:

...

Perry quickly telephoned Pawlenty, who put together a strong Iowa campaign organization but failed to win the hearts of voters during his 12 weeks in the race. The Texas governor told reporters that he would seek the endorsement of a man he called a good friend and fellow jokester.

“He is one of my favorite governors out there, not only because of what a Republican governor did in a pretty blue state, but also in a personal way,” Perry told reporters in New Hampshire before flying to Iowa. “He is one of the funniest guys I’ve ever been around in my life and I just love him.”

Perry said the two men often “joke and poke each other.” He said he told Pawlenty on Sunday, “’Daggonit… I was looking forward to getting out there and jousting with you.’

“He said, ‘Yeah, and I would have kicked your tail, too.’”

...
I suspect these guys could work together in the future. Perry might also be able to pick up some of Pawlenty's supporters around the country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

Is the F-35 obsolete?

Apple's huge investment in US including Texas facility