Burying the lead--Why Comey had to tell Congress about new evidence

NY Times:

F.B.I.’s Email Decision Broke Pattern of Two Earlier Cases

  • This summer, the F.B.I. kept quiet about investigations involving Hillary Clinton and the chairman of Donald J. Trump’s campaign because the election was near.
  • In breaking that precedent last week, the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, plunged the bureau and the Justice Department directly into the election.

The Clintons are the ones responsible for this mess and not Comey.  Hillary Clinton is the one who decided to hide her pay to play scheme by using a personal server rather than the one the State Department had.   She and Huma Abedin are the ones who put some of that information on personal computers not belonging to the government.

On top of that, Comey had specifically told Congress that the case had been closed.  To not update them on the change of circumstances would have been a scandal that would have tainted the FBI for generations.  I think the Times would be all for it if the information was not helpful to the Trump campaign.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

Is the F-35 obsolete?

Apple's huge investment in US including Texas facility