Migrant aid suspended
Homeland Security Chief Kristi Noem has halted government funding for progressive groups that assist migrants, citing concerns over taxpayer dollars being used to "facilitate illegal immigration," Breitbart reported.
Noem has suspended federal funding for non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that provide aid to migrants pending a 90-day review, announcing the decision Wednesday during an appearance on Fox News' "The Will Cain Show," saying the grants had been misused to enable illegal immigration.
"It's amazing to me the hundreds of millions of dollars that have been spent by the federal government that has been sent to NGOs to facilitate this invasion of our country," Noem said.
The funding freeze comes amid heightened debate over immigration policy and border security, key issues in President Donald Trump's campaign promises.
Noem, a staunch Trump ally, argued that the move was necessary to safeguard taxpayer dollars.
"So, I've taken action to stop those funds, to reevaluate them, and to make sure that we're actually using the taxpayer dollars in a way that strengthens this country that keeps us safe," she said.
While the Department of Homeland Security conducts the review, Noem emphasized that the administration is committed to prioritizing border security and deporting those illegally entering the country.
...
The government should not be subsidizing illegal immigration. Only a few Democrats believe that is a good use of taxpayer money. Noem is right to stop the practice.
See also:
And:
Trump admin halts tax dollars for NGOs facilitating illegal immigration: Noem
Comments
Post a Comment