Obama administration abused NSA data on US citizens
This seems to go to the actions of people like Susan Rice who unmasked US citizens who had contacts with foreigners while working on the Trump campaign.
Obama's team 'asked for NSA secrets on more than 30,000 Americans in 2016 and circulated 6,000 intelligence reports WITHOUT removing their names'
- Officials searched for the names of 30,355 Americans in comms metadata
- That data includes only information such as email addresses and phone numbers
- But they also searched for 5,288 Americans within the communications
- Reports were then passed around government depts with their names visible
- Legally, NSA gathers only data on foreigners using US infrastructure, it claims
- But critics say that it pulls in much more info - including that of US citizens