Musk says work would become optional with AI

 Newsmax:

Artificial intelligence will result in adults earning a basic income, billionaire Elon Musk said.

AI could lead to a world of self-driving vehicles and other computers and machines that replace humans in work settings and perform virtually all physical and mental labor, Business Insider reported.

When that happens, Musk said adults, regardless of their wealth or employment status, will receive a universal basic income.

"I think the most likely outcome is one of abundance, where goods and services are available to anyone; there's no shortage of goods and services for anyone on earth," Musk told WPP CEO Mark Read this week at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. "I think that is the mostly likely outcome.

"It wouldn't be universal basic income; it would be universal high income."

He added that work for humans would be "optional."

...

I am not sure I would like that.  Even though I am retired I still find things to do that I enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains