Dem tells what is wrong with his party

Bob Hoge:

Political strategist James Carville is known for his often outlandish takes on issues, and even though he’s a fiercely partisan Democrat, he sometimes says things about his own side that actually make sense. In a Saturday interview with the New York Times' reliably leftist columnist Maureen O’Dowd, the Ragin’ Cajun’ was in full-on quip mode as he took on the Democrats and their polling struggles.

He thinks Dem messaging these days is turning off half the population—men.

“A suspicion of mine is that there are too many preachy females … ‘Don’t drink beer, don’t watch football, don’t eat hamburgers, this is not good for you,'” he said. “The message is too feminine: ‘Everything you’re doing is destroying the planet. You’ve got to eat your peas.'”

He said it, not me. Though I can’t say I disagree.

He went on to tell a story about how he got a bottle of champagne for a female student who had been admitted to the grad school of her dreams. Soon after he was visited by the dean and told such conduct was improper. Carville was disgusted:

“This was L.S. freaking U., not Oberlin,” he said. “It was terrible. I wouldn’t take the coeds to dinner after class. I would take the male students. I was scared to death in my job. I was like: ‘I don’t need L.S.U.’s money. I don’t need to drive up there and listen to that crap.’ I just said: ‘That’s it. I’m done. This is not for me.’”

 Sometimes also dubbed the “Bayou Baby,” Carville sounded off on woke culture:

Carville has been sounding an alarm about progressives getting too censorious since he advised Hillary Clinton in 2016. He disparaged liberals’ snooty, elitist “faculty lounge” attitudes long before he blew off the faculty lounge himself. He complained that “woke stuff is killing us,” that the left was talking in a language that ordinary Americans did not understand, using terms like “Latinx” and “communities of color,” and with a tone many Americans found sneering, as in Hillary’s infamous phrase “basket of deplorables.”

When talking about Biden’s terrible polling, Carville quipped, “When I look at these polling numbers, it’s like walking in on your grandma naked. You can’t get the image out of your mind.”

...

Academia has become a basket case of leftist nonsense and Carville knows it.  He also knows how unpopular Biden is.  The good news for Republicans is that the Democrats are not listening to Carville when he exposes why they are losing support. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains