Weiner thanks his mom and dad for his values

John Podhoretz:

...

Having spent days insulting those who sought only the truth, having lied in the most blatant manner and having instructed others to lie for him, Weiner then had the astonishing lack of grace to stand before the world and thank his parents for "instilling in me the values that got me to this point."

...
I would be surprised it they did not tell him, "Anthony, put that thing away."

Somehow that value never stuck. Weiner is both a political and sexual exhibitionist. That is why it is so hard for him to just send a resignation letter and slink off the stage. He is probably still planning a run for mayor. At least he knows how to draw attention to himself.

BTW, I don't think any of my kids would ever be in this situation, but if they were, I would not be looking for a thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

Is the F-35 obsolete?

Apple's huge investment in US including Texas facility