The transgender issue does not favor the Dems

 Andrea Widburg:

I have argued consistently that fighting against the “transgender” movement is a winner for conservatives. Once people have children, they become very protective of them and do not want their son’s weird, pierced, blue-haired kindergarten teacher to convince him he’s really a girl and, oh, by the way, don’t tell your mommy and daddy that. Ron DeSantis’s decisive victory in Florida indicates that the policy is a winner (with Glenn Youngkin’s 2020 Virginia victory suggesting the same).

Today, the culture war’s importance got in my face in two ways. First, Gateway Pundit ran a post about one of the local winners in the Miss America contest in New Hampshire. This was at the town level. Next, there’ll be a state-wide contest, with the final winner going to the Miss America show. I have no interest whatsoever in the Miss America contest, but I do find interesting who is now “Miss Greater Derry”:

...

 In Florida, Ron DeSantis understood how important this issue is. He went to war against Disney based on the left’s ideological and physical assaults against American children. Not only did he win, but he also turned all of Florida red. Minorities may hew to the Democrat party, but they’re also the ones who are more, not less, likely to support traditional, binary human sexuality.

I mentioned that two things came across my radar. The second was Matt Walsh’s post-election podcast in which he says, way better than I could, exactly what I was thinking about DeSantis’s political courage and smarts. (I also agree with the other stuff Matt Walsh says about voters and the Democrat party but I specifically wanted to focus on the “transgender” issue.)

...

The polling I have seen on the trans issue is overwhelmingly opposed to it.  DeSantis gets this and is on the side of the parents. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains