Ted Cruz thwarts Bob Schieffer

CBS News:
...
We've got the lowest labor force participation in over three decades, since 1978. And if President Obama wants to give an honest, candid State of the Union address this week, he'll address the fact that his economic policies are not working and that they're exacerbating income inequality. They're hurting the people who are struggling the most.
...
Well, Bob, with all due respect, I don't agree with the premise of your question. Throughout the government shutdown, I opposed a government shutdown. I said we shouldn't shut down the government. I think it was a mistake that President Obama and the Democrats shut the government down this fall. 
The reason they did so is that President Obama dug in and said he wouldn't compromise and he wouldn't negotiate. In fact, I went to one of the most surreal meetings I've ever been at, where President Obama invited all the senate Republicans to go up to the White House. He sat us in a room. This is in the middle of the shutdown. 
And he said, "I invited you here to tell you I will not negotiate. I will not compromise on anything." That's why we had a shutdown. That was a mistake. But, you know, in terms of whether we should've stood and fought on Obamacare, I think the proof is in the pudding. Millions of people across the country have seen now why we were standing and fighting, because Obamacare's a disaster.
...
I think Ted Cruz did a terrific job fending off the liberal perspective that was the premise of many of these questions.  It is why Democrats see him as so dangerous.  It is worth reading in full.

Here is a clip critical of Obama's abuse of power that was cut from the interview.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains