Democrats weird idea about democracy

 Fox News:

Some liberal media commentators predicted Sunday that West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin’s vote against President Biden’s Build Back Better plan could very well spell the end of democracy.

Manchin announced on "Fox News Sunday" that he will be a definitive "no" on voting for the BBB plan after lengthy debate.

LIBERAL PUNDITS REACT TO MANCHIN’S ‘NO’ ON BUILD BACK BETTER: ‘A LOT TO PROCESS’

"I’ve always said this, Bret: if I can’t go home and explain to the people of West Virginia, I can’t vote for it," Manchin told guest host Bret Baier. "And I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation. I just can’t. I’ve tried everything humanly possible. I can’t get there."

He later answered "This is a no on this piece of legislation. I have tried everything I know to do."

Liberal media and progressive politicians immediately attacked Manchin for his position, including his colleague Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., who accused Manchin of being beholden to pharmaceutical companies. Others called the decision "devastating," while ABC’s "This Week" panel showed visual disappointment at the news.

However, there were also several consistent predictions that Manchin’s decision could herald the end of democracy as they knew it.
...

Some Democrats seem to think that if they do not have the votes for their agenda that Democracy is dead when it is in fact democracy in action.  Everyone gets a vote including the people who oppose what the Democrats want.  Who knew?

See, also:

Leftist 'Journalists' Float the Idea That Criticizing Joe Biden Is a Danger to Democracy Shamelessly anointing oneself an opinion-shaper and behaving accordingly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains