The Sharyl Attkisson Trump interview

Full Measure:
...
Sharyl: What do you think is Joe Biden’s strongest feature, as a competitor in politics?

President Trump: Well, I would have said experience, but he doesn't really have experience because I don't think he remembers what he did yesterday. So how is that experience? He's been there a long time. He was never known as a smart person.

Sharyl: Pick one good thing.

President Trump: Ah.

Sharyl: Okay. What is his weakest point do you think?

President Trump: I can't tell you. I mean, I'm really serious. He's got many. I can talk about weak points all day long. First of all, he's not mentally sharp enough to be president. He's got China and he's got all these countries. Russia. I’ve been the worst thing that ever happened to Russia. Putin understands that. I get along with Putin, but he understands that. He probably doesn't want me to win. I can tell you right now, except I think he likes me, but I'm sure he doesn't want me to win. China doesn't want me to win, but Biden doesn't know, I mean, he doesn't know he's alive. I'm against somebody. Think of it. I'm against somebody that can’t answer simple questions. I've never seen anything like it, but here's what I am against. I'm against a very powerful party, the Democrats, and they can take this glass of water and say that's your candidate. I'm against a very powerful and very corrupt party. It's a very corrupt party, the Democrats, and we caught them, but I'm against a very powerful party. And I'm against the real obstructionist, which is the media, because the media is corrupt in this country. It's totally corrupt. Whether it's a poll or a story, I do a good thing and I get a bad story. I do another good thing, I get a bad story, or I get no stories. Ventilators, I did such a good job. I get no stories. The economy, I never got. When did you see me get good stories, prior to the plague coming in from China? When did you see me get a good story in the great job I've done with the economy? They never gave me a good and yet I was setting records. 142 times I had a new stock market record and you know what, I’m not so far from that again believe it or not. But if Biden gets in the market will crash.
...
There is much more.

It looks like a verbatim transcript.  One of the interesting things I find about Trump is in these interviews they read like a William Faulkner stream of conscience novel.  Trump is much more intelligent than his critics give him credit for.  He is the kind of person who just lets his thoughts roll off his tongue as they come to him, as oppose to most Presidents who try to be more structured in their speaking style.  But it is also why he is so good on the stump and in press briefings.

The piece is worth reading in full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains