Twitter 'retweets' on Berenson

 Fox News:

Twitter has reinstated the account of Substack writer Alex Berenson after the tech giant "permanently" suspended him over allegedly violating its COVID "misinformation" policy.

Berenson, who had filed a lawsuit against Twitter in April, returned to platform on Wednesday, telling his followers, "Shady's back. Tell a friend."

In a piece published on his "Unreported Truths" Substack, Berenson began by writing the "official statement," which reads, "The parties have come to a mutually acceptable resolution. I have been reinstated. Twitter has acknowledged that my tweets should have not led to my suspension at that time."

"To recap: last August, Twitter banned me after I got five strikes under its Covid-19 misinformation policy. Which meant I’d supposedly made ‘claims of fact’ that were ‘demonstrably false or misleading’ and ‘likely to impact public safety or cause serious harm’ (that’s the policy, that’s what it takes to get a strike, look it up). Now we come to find those tweets ‘should not have led to my suspension’? Oopsie," Berenson wrote.

The former New York Times journalist admitted to readers he has to keep details about the settlement under wraps, but he did add, "The settlement does not end my investigation into the pressures that the government may have placed on Twitter to suspend my account. I will have more to say on that issue in the near future."
...

The August 2021 tweet that benched Berenson from Twitter was regarding how the virus was still transmissible even after vaccination, suggesting that calling it a "vaccine" wasn't actually accurate.
...

As someone who was fully vaccinated and boosted and still got Covid, it is clear that Berenson had a point that should not have been suppressed.  BTW, the monoclonal antibodies made a huge impact on curing my Covid.  The attacks on Berenson were unwarranted.  They are one of the reasons why I think Twitter has lost perspective at times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains