Marine Corps recruiting success

 AP:

'The Few, the Proud' aren't so few: Marines recruiting surges while other services struggle

 I remember when I visited the Marine Corps Officer Selection Officer when I was a senior in college he looked like he had stepped out of a recruiting poster.  He was nearly a foot taller than me and built like a well-toned athlete.  

When I got into OCS I found that there were several candidates who were my size or smaller.  I also found that I was in better physical shape than many of the candidates who were bigger.  When we were practicing bayonet combat with pugal sticks I was paired with a much bigger guy who I quickly took down and he had to be carted to the medical team.  I also wound up with the second fastest time in the battalion in a five-mile run in full battle gear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains