Open carry of knives and more

Washington Post:
Using NRA’s strategy, activists quietly overturn knife restrictions across U.S.

The premise of the little-known effort is that knives are protected by the Second Amendment. And it’s working: Twenty-one states have repealed or weakened their knife laws since 2010, many of them with bipartisan support.
Texas went a step further and also approved carrying of swords.  While I still have my Marine Corps officer sword it would be hard to carry around.  I do see people who sometimes have small hunting knives in a leather holster on their belt.  I suspect they are farmers and ranchers who have occasion to use them as a utility more than a weapon. 

I suppose I could carry around my Marine Corps Ka-bar too.  It is a knife Marines have used in combat for generations.  The name is believed to have come from a back woodsman who wrote the company that makes it telling them about using it to kill a bear, or in his words "Ka-bar."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains