Kavanaugh forcefully denies allegations and chastises Democrat senators for their conduct

Washington Examiner:
Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh ripped his Senate confirmation process as a "circus" that has led to smears and threats against his family, and said the Senate effort to investigate sexual assault claims against him has become a “national disgrace.”

"This confirmation process has become a national disgrace,” Kavanaugh said during his opening statement before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

"The Constitution gives the Senate an important role in the confirmation process. But you have replaced advise and consent with search and destroy,” he continued.

"I swear today under oath before the Senate and the nation, before my family and God, I am innocent of this charge," he said.

Kavanaugh's wife was seen crying behind him as he spoke, and Kavanaugh himself choked up as he described his 10-year-old daughter suggesting they pray for Ford.
...
But he also spoke angrily about the last 10 days, during which he said his family has been destroyed by the swirling allegations around him.

“In those 10 long days, as was predictable, and as I predicted, my family and my name have been totally and permanently destroyed by vicious and false additional accusations,” he said.

He called the “two-week effort” a “calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about” Trump and the 2016 presidential election.
...
When it comes to their political objectives too many Democrat politicians lack a moral compass.  They will say and do anything to further their objectives.  That is what they have done in this case.  They have also precipitated a cottage industry of smears.

A recent one suggested Kavanaugh pushed a woman he was dating up against a wall and groped her.  The woman is now a District Judge in Washington and she denies anything like that ever happened.
...
“I write in response to a phone call I received this evening from Mike Davis, Chief Nominations Counsel for the Committee. In our phone call, Mr. Davis read an anonymous letter sent to Colorado Senator Cory Gardner dated September 22, 2018.

“Mr. Davis asked me (1) whether I dated Brett Kavanaugh in 1998 and (2) whether he ever shoved me against a wall. Mr. Davis also emailed me the attached letter and asked me to provide an immediate and written response to the Committee.

“As I informed Mr. Davis, I dated Brett Kavanaugh in 1998. To the extent the attached letter is referring to me as the ‘friend [who] was dating him,’ the allegations it makes are both offensive and absurd. At no time did Brett ever shove me against a wall, including in an ‘aggressive and sexual’ manner. When we dated, Brett always treated me with the utmost respect, and we remain friends to this day. I have never observed (nor am I aware of) Brett acting in a physically inappropriate or aggressive manner toward anyone.”
...
I suspect the letter was inspired by the sexual circus the Democrats have been pushing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains