Lawn mowing as stress reduction?

Telegraph:

Researchers have discovered that a chemical released by a mown lawn makes people feel happy and relaxed, and could prevent mental decline in old age.

They claim it works directly on the brain, in particular the emotional and memory parts known as the amygdala and the hippocampus.

Now they have developed a perfume, which “smells like a freshly-cut lawn”, that relieves stress and help boost memory, scientists claim.

The Australian experts produced the “eau de mow” after seven years of research.

...

It did not work for my son who developed an allergy to mowed grass just about the time he was old enough to do the job. My youngest daughter on the other hand was eager to do it. Go figure. If I wear a dust mask, I can usually tolerate it.

Comments

  1. With all the negative connotations attached to the word “stress”, it is certainly hard to see it in a positive light. However, not all stress is bad. Some amount of stress is necessary to lead a normal life and for some people, it is a reminder that makes them do their best.
    __________________
    blue cross blue shield

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog post about stress. I agree with the suggested solutions as I my self gone through all this and my resource to manage stress helped me in all aspects to rediscover my peaceful and cheerful life.
    Yes, Charles I agree with you but every one should know how to manage stress .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains