Why the Senate is not a great stepping stone
AWR Hawkins has a tough piece on Sen. Kay Baily Hutchison calling her "John McCain in a dress." I am not sure how fair it is, but it does point out the down side to having to take some tough votes. He is also hard on her abortion position.
I have seen similarly, tough pieces on Gov. Perry this year, that complain about his support for inoculations against a sexually transmitted disease for girls and his support for the Trans Texas Corridor. They are not complaining about the fact that both effort failed.
The negatives for both are out there. I think there are also positives for both and plan to support the winner.
The Houston Chronicle has a more flattering piece on Sen. Hutchison today.
I have seen similarly, tough pieces on Gov. Perry this year, that complain about his support for inoculations against a sexually transmitted disease for girls and his support for the Trans Texas Corridor. They are not complaining about the fact that both effort failed.
The negatives for both are out there. I think there are also positives for both and plan to support the winner.
The Houston Chronicle has a more flattering piece on Sen. Hutchison today.
Comments
Post a Comment