Firewood as alternative energy

 Epoch Times:

Firewood Sales Surge Ahead of Expected Chilly Winter Weather

Back during the Obama administration, I got tired of having to pay $300 a month for propane to heat my house in the country.  Since the house sits on several wooded acres, I bought a wood-burning stove that heats the house and started harvesting my own firewood.  I enjoy the exercise and the feeding of the fire.  During last year's Texas deep freeze it kept the house warm while others were losing power.  

It also helps with forest management.  Trees occasionally die on their own or get blown over during storms.  I also get wood from neighbors who are dealing with trees they no longer want or need.

BTW, the woodburning stoves are much more efficient than a fireplace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains