Black Democrats supporting Trump destroys MSNBC myth

Vernon Jones:
“You’re not going to imply that I asked that question because you’re Black," MSNBC’s Craig Melvin insisted after asking me if I were being paid to support President Trump.

He’s right. I’m not going to “imply” that he chose to impugn my motives because I am a Black Trump-supporter; I’m going to come right out and say it. MSNBC asked me a question it would never dream of asking a Black Democrat like me if I were on their station defending Joe Biden.

The network did it in order to perpetuate a myth that makes its predominantly-White, liberal audience members feel good about themselves. The myth is that the only African-Americans in the country who support the president are financially motivated hucksters putting on a minstrel act for some imaginary cigar-chomping conservative White man.

Despite Mr. Melvin’s protestations, I cannot recall a single instance of the network asking a question like that of any one the deep roster of Black faces it has on to defend every embarrassing gaffe and racially insensitive remark that comes out of Joe Biden’s mouth.

MSNBC pulled the exact same stunt with my fellow Trump-supporter Bruce LeVell last week.

It’s a narrative that MSNBC’s White viewers crave because it lets them feel like one of the “good Whites” who stand selflessly on the side of poor, helpless Black people — who they casually assume are universally in favor of the big-government policies favored by their White “allies.”

It’s a demonstrably false narrative. In 2016, more than 1.3 million Black Americans cast their ballots for Donald Trump, a marked improvement over Mitt Romney’s performance despite a desperate campaign by MSNBC and other mainstream media outlets to convince us that Trump was an unforgivable racist.

Since then, President Trump’s performance in office has delivered more genuine economic prosperity and social progress to Black Americans than any of his predecessors, Obama included. The results have convinced many more Black people who are “supposed to” vote for Joe Biden to come over to the MAGA movement.

I am one of them — and not only was I not paid to make my decision, it didn’t even require me to adjust any of my principles or beliefs.
...
Democrats and their cohorts at places like MSNBC have a low regard for the intelligence of blacks in general and especially ones who are independent thinkers like Jones.  It is one of the reasons they are obsessed with their bogus claims that Trump is a racist.  It is a big lie they use against Republicans in every election.  It is the flip side of the Democrat narrative they used to get the votes of poor whites in the South during segregation.  They are still the same demagogues they always were, they just have a different target group they are trying to fool into voting for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains