Trump may let Texas build the border barrier

Washington Times:
President Trump said Thursday that he’s considering a proposal to give federal money to Texas to build a wall on the southern border, rather than have Washington build the barrier.

At a visit to the Border Patrol station in McAllen, Texas, Mr. Trump noted that Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick had suggested providing the state with “a relatively small amount of money, and they’ll build a wall themselves.”

“I thought that was not the worst idea I’ve ever heard,” he told Mr. Patrick. “Although I still think I can do it cheaper than you. I do like the idea. We’re going to look at a couple of ways of doing it, where you guys get [the wall] up. I like that idea. We’ll take a look.”
...
That would likely involve the appropriation process which the Democrats seem determined to scuttle.   Declaring a national emergency and allowing the military to build it could avoid the process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains