A woman not to be messed with

Guardian:
US woman fights off rabid bobcat, strangling it with bare hands

‘I thought, not today ... there was no way I was going to die’ says Georgia grandmother who strangled animal to death

...
“My neighbor’s dog was barking and it drew my attention,” she said. “I saw the cat and I took a picture. The cat took two steps and was on top of me … It came for my face.”

Phillips said she grew up in the country, where her father-in-law was once a trapper of bobcats. As a result, she knew something about the animal’s behavior and how to fight back.

“I thought, ‘not today,’” she told the newspaper. “There was no way I was going to die.”

She grabbed the cat by its throat and didn’t let go. She was afraid of calling for help, she said, because her five-year-old granddaughter was in the house.

“Once I got him where he wasn’t moving,” she said, “I started screaming for my daughter-in-law to call 911.”

Her son arrived with a gun, she said, but she didn’t want him to fire because she was so close. So he pulled a knife.

“My son stabbed it four or five times,” she said, “but it never budged so I knew it was completely dead.”
...
That is a tough grandmother.  I am glad she was able to handle the killer cat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains