No one is 'forced' to buy gas guzzlers

NY Times Op-ed:

Trump’s Fuel Efficiency Rollbacks Will Hurt Drivers

Keeping gas-guzzlers around means consumers will be forced to spend more money filling their tanks.
Most people buy vehicles that suit their needs.  For example, I am willing to sacrifice some fuel efficiency to buy a pickup truck that fits my needs for hauling things that I need.  People more interested in fuel economy can buy a hybrid and sacrifice its limited utility in order to spend less on fuel. 

Those people who want to limit the choices of others do them no favor.  Companies can still compete on efficiency.  I will vote against any party that tries to take away my choices when it comes to buying a vehicle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains