Don't blame me for women wearing high heels

NY Times:

Are High Heels Headed for a Tumble?


With sexual harassment revelations rife and public spaces threatened, some women are wondering just why they wear these things.
I have asked a few women why they wear them since they do not look that comfortable and they usually tell me because it makes their legs look better.  I thought their legs looked fine with or without them. 

Some shorter women wear them for the elevation I think. 

It is hard for me to comprehend why this has anything to do with sexual harassment.  I think most women who wear them do it because they want to.  No one could force them to buy a closet full of them or build extra storage for their collection of high heels.

I am not someone who focuses on a woman's shoes.  I do recall a woman on an arbitration panel with me one time pointing out her shoes and the fact that you could see the tops of her toes in much the same way some women wear low cut blouses to expose a hint of their breasts.  It became clear to me that both she and her husband thought the look was sexy.  I am glad they found each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains