US already exploiting intel on al Qaeda from Yemen raid

CNN:
Several US officials told CNN Thursday that the US is now taking action to locate and monitor hundreds of people or "contacts" found as part the intelligence retrieved during the deadly raid last month in Yemen targeting al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

Some of these people are believed to be in the West, but not in the United States.

The government is taking action to find and monitor these AQAP-linked individuals because of the threat they may pose to Europe, the officials added.

The fact that officials said they are actively pursuing leads uncovered from the raid indicates that the intelligence was indeed actionable despite some media reports to the contrary.

The terabyte's worth of intelligence gathered from computers and cell phones is now being reviewed at the National Media Exploitation Center outside Washington, which analyzes documents, electronic media, cell phones, video and audio tapes seized on overseas missions.

Defense officials have told CNN that information pertaining to the location of safe havens, explosives manufacturing, training and targets was acquired in the January ground operation.
...
Democrats have scandalously tried to call the raid a scandal. They are dead wrong on that and they are trying to hold the military to an impossible standard for warfare where no casualties happen.  John McCain has also tried to impose this ridiculous standard.  They are both wrong.

What the Democrats are doing is trying to imply that the raid on al Qaeda was somehow equivalent to the Obama-Clinton screw up in Benghazi.  The situations are entirely different but it does expose Democrat perfidy when it comes to warfare in general.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another one of those Trump stories Ted Cruz warned about

Iraq says civilian casualties in Mosul caused by ISIS booby trap, not US air strike