Trump has support of some Hispanics on the Texas-Mexico border

CBS News:
"Nuestro amigo": Some Latinos see Trump as friend and ally

...
The Rio Grande runs through Eagle Pass, Castaneda's hometown. Mexico is right across the river.

"I live right on the border, so I am familiar with undocumented people coming through the backyard of my house and I am familiar with narcotic traffickers dumping dope next to my house and I participated in the arrest of these people. So I want a good defense along the border, too, so I can live in comfort and I can live in peace just like everybody else in this country," he said.

"I consider Mr. Trump my amigo -- nuestro amigo -- because he's trying to set a procedure that will be legally followed by those people who want to become residents."
...
There is much more.

This really does not surprise me.  I grew up on the border.  My Hispanic friends were patriotic Americans  who went to fight in Vietnam with me.  Most of their families have been Texans for generations.  In fact, I am more surprised at the reaction of some Hispanic politicians who push for an open borders policy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains