Jeb Bush will not vote for Trump or Clinton

The Hill:
Jeb Bush will not vote for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump in the presidential election, he announced Friday, saying that he doesn’t think either one will “put us on a better course.”

“In November, I will not vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, but I will support principled conservatives at the state and federal levels, just as I have done my entire life,” Bush wrote in a Facebook post.

“For Republicans, there is no greater priority than ensuring we keep control of both chambers of Congress. I look forward to working hard for great conservatives in the Senate and House in the coming months.”

Bush slammed both parties’ front-runners as unfit for the White House.

“Donald Trump has not demonstrated that temperament or strength of character,” he said. “He has not displayed a respect for the Constitution. And, he is not a consistent conservative. These are all reasons why I cannot support his candidacy.

“Hillary Clinton has proven to be an untrustworthy liberal politician who, if elected, would present a third term of the disastrous foreign and economic policy agenda of Barack Obama.”
...
That is basically the same conclusion I have come to.  I would encourage voters to deny both any semblance of a mandate by not voting for either of them.  I would support such a movement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains